In my experience, success with any style of eating largely depends on planning. As cliche as it is, that saying “fail to plan and plan to fail” rings true in this situation. I know that when I come home from work in a hangry state, the last thing I want to do is chop up a head of cauliflower and cook the chicken and control my tornado of a toddler. So, if I clean and chop the veggies ahead of time, I can at least eliminate one of those things from the weeknight chaos. In the video below, I share what my weekly ingredient preparation looks like for a keto diet.
Feel free to leave your own tips and tricks in the comments below!
- cauliflower, for cauliflower rice
- mushrooms, for zucchini noodle (i.e., zoodle) dishes with marinara or pesto
- peppers, for lunch salads or stir-fry
- celery, for snacking or dipping in tuna salad
- half-caff coffee for iced coffee w. MCT oil (i.e., bulletproof coffee)